Coutinho Hands In Transfer Request

Coutinho Hands In Transfer Request

However, a statement issued via the club's official website has made it clear they fully expect Coutinho to be a Liverpool player when the transfer window closes at 2300BST on August 31.

The development comes after Liverpool's owners, Fenway Sports Group, released a statement on Friday saying "no offers for Philippe will be considered".

But now with the allure of a bigger club and a chance to play with one of the best players in recent history in Lionel Messi, Liverpool will try desperately to hold on to their bright young talent.

Barcelona are understood to have had a bid of around £90million for the Brazil playmaker rejected by the Reds on Wednesday, and reports emerged on Friday suggesting Coutinho has asked to leave Anfield.

However, the BBC reported that Liverpool have again told Barcelona that Coutinho, who signed from Inter Milan in 2013, is not for sale.

"I've always said it - I'm very comfortable here", he told Spanish news agency EFE.

Speaking at an earlier news conference previewing the league match at Vicarage Road (12:30 BST kick-off), Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said the Brazilian would miss the season opener because of a back problem.

Mayweather Intends To KO McGregor
They really are legends, and will never ever forget this gesture! That's the mentality that has allowed me to stay undefeated. Speaking about Conor's kind gesture, Mick said, "Just the craziest thing of all time!"

No wonder Jurgen Klopp was in such a awful mood at his first pre-match press conference of the Premier League season. 'That is set in stone.

It added: "Philippe will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes".

"From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go".

The 25-year-old star of Liverpool notched 14 goals for the team in last term.

Klopp confirmed Coutinho will miss the game against Watford through injury and is doubtful for the Champions League first-leg qualifier against Hoffenheim in midweek.

Barcelona's follow-up bid came after the Merseyside club first rejected a £72m offer for the Brazil worldwide last month.

Related Articles