Attacking masterclass sees All Blacks destroy Springboks

Attacking masterclass sees All Blacks destroy Springboks

Four more tries followed in the second half as New Zealand posted their highest winning margin against South Africa.

The All Blacks, since 2000, have won 30 from 40 Tests against the Springboks and Saturday's victory was their 10th in the last 11 against the Boks.

The Springboks are undefeated as of yet in 2017, after a series win over France in June, back-to-back victories over Argentina, and a hard-fought draw with Australia in Perth.

The first meeting between New Zealand and South Africa in this year's Rugby Championship was virtually over by half-time.

It was not long before New Zealand crossed the whitewash again with Milner-Skudder grabbing his second of the match with a fine try in the corner in the 52nd minute before Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Lima Sopoaga and Codie Taylor dotted down to march past the half-century mark, with Beauden Barrett contributing 17 of the total.

"We came out here with plenty of intensity", All Blacks captain Kieran Read said.

State Legislators pass bill to make California a 'sanctuary state'
Assemblyman James Gallagher, R-Yuba City, said the bill would create "only a sanctuary for criminals". Homan says if the governor signs the legislation it will "make California communities less safe".

Right from the off, they have put pressure on the South Africans, and have given no leeway to their visitors. "The scoreline probably didn't look pretty for them". But they quickly began to come unstuck; their lineout was a constant bugbear and their defense showed an inability to regroup against quickly-assembled All Blacks counter-attacks.

The Springboks simply made too many errors in handling and in defense, while New Zealand barely missed a chance to capitalize.

Rieko Ioane scored the first try of the match with another long-range effort that started from his own half.

The result left the Springboks searching for answers as their six-match winning streak came to a shuddering halt.

The home side led 31-0 at halftime in a repeat of their demolition job of the Wallabies in Sydney in the first round of The Rugby Championship.

Related Articles