Off with e's head: e-cig explosion causes first vaping death

Off with e's head: e-cig explosion causes first vaping death

Tallmadge D'Elia also suffered burns over 80 percent of his body in a fire on 5 May caused by the exploding e-cigarette, according to forensic officials.

The Tampa Bay Times have reported that Mr D'Elia was discovered by firefighters in the burning bedroom of his family home.

FEMA records indicate D'Elia's was the first death in the United States to be caused by e-cigarettes.

Yet a Florida medical examiner confirmed Tuesday that an e-cigarette led to the death of former CNBC producer Tallmadge Wakeman D'Elia.

An exploding vape pen hurled fragments into a Florida man's head, killing him and starting a fire that burned most of his body, an autopsy report said.

The device was manufactured by Smok-E Mountain, with The New York Times reporting that the company's logo appeared on one of the object found in D'Elia's cranium.

A fire in January this year at Denver International Airport was blamed on a vape pen's lithium ion battery.

Читайте также: BT Sport live streams for UEFA finals

There have been other reports of injuries from vape pens, said the report.

Based on the police report corroborated by the autopsy, the 38-year-old Florida man died after his electronic cigarette exploded in his mouth. In the meantime, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a few safety recommendations with regard to e-cigarettes and vape pens.

This is the first death from an e-cigarette explosion in the US.

A report from the U.S. Fire Administration blames 195 incidents from 2009 to 2016 on e-cigs exploding or catching fire, resulting in 133 injuries of which 38 were severe.

"No other consumer product places a battery with a known explosion hazard such as this in such close proximity to the human body".

The health effects related to the ingestion of e-cigarette vapour are still being studied by government agencies. Instead, they sell vape pens with a computer chip inside, which keeps the device from overheating.

A spokesman for Smok-E Mountain Mech Works told ABC Action News that they've been having issues with other companies cloning their batteries.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Related Articles