Bungie Splitting From Activision For Destiny Should Have Happened Sooner

Bungie Splitting From Activision For Destiny Should Have Happened Sooner

Over an eight-year period with Activision, Destiny built a community over 10 million strong across various platforms. Bungie and Activision originally entered a publishing partnership in April 2010.

The other problem is believed to be Activision's dissatisfaction with Destiny 2's "recurring revenue stream", i.e. microtransactions.

Just a few months after the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, Bungie has now announced that they are assuming full rights of the franchise moving forward.

Rather than Bungie splitting away from Activision though the impression is that the desire to part ways was mutual and that Activision plans to concentrate on games it has 100% control of - implying that they will try to create new franchises to fill the gap left by Destiny. Chinese publisher NetEase sunk a sizeable $100 million investment into the company, paving the way for the developer's next title, Matter.

Ocean temperatures rising faster than previously thought
Overall, temperatures in the ocean down to 2,000 metres rose about 0.1 degree Celsius (0.18F) from 1971-2010, he said. When we see the effects of climate change around us, we mostly think about increasing temperatures in the atmosphere.

Bungie made the announcement through Bungie.net today.

Bungie seems confident about the move, sharing that it is "excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie", a move which is said to be well under way.

The planned transition process is already underway in its early stages, with Bungie and Activision both reportedly committed to making sure the handoff is as seamless as possible. There had been rumours that the relationship has been fraught with creative differences often cited - it's also reported that Bungie employees loudly cheered when they heard the news that they were parting from Activision and going independent. In the official statement, Bungie says, "With Activision, we created something special". Rest assured there is more of that on the way...

Blizzard Customer Service also confirmed on Twitter that Destiny 2 will continue to receive full support on BattleNet for PC players, and that no service or gameplay disruptions are expected. Head down to the comments section and let us know! Destiny 2 was criticized by a lot for its micro-transactions and now that Activision is out of the picture, we're really looking forward to see what Bungie will do with them.

Related Articles

  • First dose of winter weather in 2019 on its way

    First dose of winter weather in 2019 on its way

    Travel will be slick and hazardous over the entire area with deeper snow and more hard conditions the farther south you go. As temperatures drop into the upper 20s to lower 30s overnight, rain will transition into snow as we head into Monday.
    Missing Wisconsin Girl Jayme Closs Is Reunited With Her Aunt, Sheriff Says

    Missing Wisconsin Girl Jayme Closs Is Reunited With Her Aunt, Sheriff Says

    A 21-year-old man is suspected of killing her parents in October at their home in Barron, Wisconsin , then kidnapping the teen. Officials reported Jayme missing on October 15 when deputies discovered the bodies of her parents in their Wisconsin home.
    Nokia 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

    Nokia 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

    HMD Global should launch it in other markets including the United States and Europe in the months following its release in China. Both the Nokia 5 .1 Plus and the Nokia 6 .1 Plus belong to the mid-range segment with decent specs and design.
  • NBA All-Star Voting: Second Returns Released

    NBA All-Star Voting: Second Returns Released

    Reserves, as selected by National Basketball Association head coaches, will be announced on Thursday, January 31. Current NBA players account for 25 percent of the vote; so does a media panel.
    No host for 2019 Oscars

    No host for 2019 Oscars

    It's been nearly 30 years since that Oscars ceremony, and it's still considered the biggest disaster in the award show's history. Ellen tried to encourage him to return, even calling the Academy to reinstate Hart.
    Comatose woman gave birth to boy, attorney says

    Comatose woman gave birth to boy, attorney says

    Police have made no arrests so far and it remains unclear if they have identified any suspects yet in their investigation. The boss of a private clinic in the U.S. has resigned after a woman in a vegetative state reportedly gave birth.
  • Samsung cuts prices on Galaxy A7(2018) and A9(2018), price starts at ₹18,990

    Samsung cuts prices on Galaxy A7(2018) and A9(2018), price starts at ₹18,990

    Samsung Electronics will unveil its next flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S10, in the United States next month . Back in 1999 itself, Samsung released the Samsung B600 with a 10-megapixel camera for capturing memories.
    US TV host Megyn Kelly gets NZ$44 million payout

    US TV host Megyn Kelly gets NZ$44 million payout

    Megyn Kelly and NBC have officially split, but not before she walks away with a fortune. NBC announced on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018 that " Megyn Kelly Today " will not return.
    Leeds United employee 'seen acting suspiciously' outside Derby County's training ground

    Leeds United employee 'seen acting suspiciously' outside Derby County's training ground

    And now, Derby have confirmed it was in fact a member of Leeds' staff found lurking outside the Rams' training ground. We actually caught the journalists doing it, we banned them for two days, and then everyone defended them stoically.
  • Cesc Fabregas completes switch to Thierry Henry's AS Monaco

    Cesc Fabregas completes switch to Thierry Henry's AS Monaco

    The Zenit St-Petersburg midfielder has scored 10 goals and grabbed 15 assists during his time in Russian Federation . Cesc Fabregas has reunited with former Arsenal team-mate Thierry Henry after joining Monaco from Chelsea .
    MoU for oil refinery: Saudi energy minister will visit Gwadar tomorrow

    MoU for oil refinery: Saudi energy minister will visit Gwadar tomorrow

    Mr Al-Falih reiterated Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's comments in 2018 that Riyadh is aiming for Aramco's initial public offering in 2021.
    Syria reportedly sack ex-Glory coach Stange

    Syria reportedly sack ex-Glory coach Stange

    On Sunday, the Australians couldn't break down a packed Jordan defensive line, resorting in the end to long balls into the penalty area.