US TV host Megyn Kelly gets NZ$44 million payout

US TV host Megyn Kelly gets NZ$44 million payout

TMZ approached Kelly on the street while she was walking with her husband, Doug Brunt, and asked if she will be back on TV this year.

Megyn's agreement with NBC will pay her the remainder of her $69 million contact and also does not include a non-compete clause, which means she is free to work elsewhere immediately.

"The parties have resolved their differences, and Megyn Kelly is no longer an employee of NBC", the statement read. Kelly said it was OK when she was "a kid" (she was born in 1970) to don blackface - "so long as you were dressing up as a character".

Megyn Kelly and NBC have officially split, but not before she walks away with a fortune. Her remarks prompted the suspension of her hour on NBC News' flagship program "Today", but network executives had already been feuding with her over disappointing ratings and the show's editorial focus.

Megyn Kelly's rocky tenure at NBC is over.

Because of the lofty salary, many industry insiders feel that the "blackface" scandal provided NBC with an opportune excuse to dump Kelly.The former Fox News star rose to fame as a fiery prime-time host, and media watchdogs felt from the outset that she was an awkward fit on a bubbly morning show.

Solskjaer backs Rashford to reach Kane's level
In other words: Solskjaer has fulfilled the functions of what you'd expect from a manager, encouraging a more open environment and style of football which best suits the players.

Kelly's first season averaged almost 2.4 million viewers, 375,000 fewer than the "Today" show 9 a.m. hour had drawn before she arrived. "Today" loyalists were furious that fan favorite Tamron Hall was shown the door to make room for Kelly.

The 48-year-old television personality parted ways with the network following her controversial discussion of blackface worn for Halloween costumes.

Later that day, Kelly apologized to NBC staff in a memo, which was then criticized by Al Roker during the first hour of Today on October 24.

While at Fox, Kelly's accusations of unwanted sexual advances by the network's late chief executive, Roger Ailes, helped lead to his firing. NBC announced on Friday, Oct. 26, 2018 that "Megyn Kelly Today" will not return.

She's been off the air since October after her remarks on blackface, and exit negotiations had dragged for two months over the holidays. "I want to look at everything", she said.

Related Articles