Crisp on the sides and gooey within the center. You’ll be able to play about with additions (use your favorite chocolate, or totally different nuts), however simply maintain the entire quantity the identical; the big amount helps make these cookies additional thick. You’ll be able to freeze the scooped balls of cookie dough, as a substitute of chilling them; they’ll simply want a number of additional minutes within the oven if baking from frozen.
Prep time: quarter-hour, plus 1 hour chilling | Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
15 giant cookies
- 115g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 130g gentle brown sugar
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 medium eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 100g roughly-chopped white chocolate
- 150g roughly-chopped darkish chocolate
- 150g roughly-chopped toasted walnuts
- 150g mini eggs, crushed with a rolling pin or related
- Cream collectively the butter, salt and two sugars till gentle and fluffy. Add the vanilla and whisk to mix. Add the eggs one by one, whisking after every addition till mixed.
- Add the baking powder, plain flour and cornflour and blend by hand till principally blended however some seen flour stays (that is to keep away from overmixing and overworking the gluten).
- Add the roughly-chopped chocolate and nuts. Combine till roughly evenly mixed. Use your palms, a spoon or an ice-cream scoop to scoop into balls. No have to clean them out, simply depart them tough. They need to be about 80g every. Place the balls of dough on to a greaseproof-paper lined baking tray, making certain that there’s at the very least a cookie-sized area between every, as they may unfold out rather a lot (you will want two to 3 trays for all of the cookies). Stud the tops of every cookie with the crushed mini eggs.
- Chill for one hour within the fridge. Simply earlier than they’ve completed their chilling time, preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan/Fuel 8 (these cookies bake at the next temperature than most).
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. They need to be brown on the sides, and nonetheless gentle within the centre. They’ll look underdone, however they may agency up and proceed to prepare dinner whereas they cool. So watch out to not overbake them.
- Depart to chill on the baking tray for quarter-hour, then switch to a wire rack to complete cooling – in case you can wait that lengthy…